Wednesday 19 September 2007

Nervous

Lots of things have happened in the past couple of days. I can't really be bothered writing about them, but here goes anyway. I went home at the weekend... even though i was meant to be being brave... But i finished work at 2pm on Friday and couldn't face the thought of nearly three whole days on my own. Plus The Boy was skiving work with a throat infection, so we got more time together than we shoould have done. We went out on Saturday night to see Eris play at The Snooty, and then we went round town with Boy's work friends. I was determined not to be left in a corner as usual so made a really big effort with all the Eris guys and I ended up getting on pretty well with Boy's female colleagues so ended up having a really good time. I was quite proud of myself!

On Monday i moved into my swanky new W block room. *Note to self: carrying a case, three bags and a laptop across campus, alone, in the pouring rain, is not a recipe for happiness. But at least i'm out of the stink hole that is Hawthornes now. I'm all alone in the block at the moment, which is more than a little disconcerting... the place is bloody enormous and full of random, terrifying noises. It feels incredibly strange to be living in a student block alone. I'm actually looking forward to everyone else getting here. It will be strange to have to get to know a whole new set of people again, but i've decided it doesn't matter hugely if we don't get on so well, since i still have Roo and Katie. As long as they're bearable, i'll be happy. And at least i won't have to share a bathroom with any of them : )

Actually, nothing much apart from that has happened. Went round to Roo's again for a bit last night which was lovely, and also met up with Ann for a bit in the pub. We always seem to end up talking about Dave and his "issues", which is slightly disconcerting, but she's a nice girl. It'll be good to get to know her better.

The Lab Tour of Doom is tomorrow. I've been doing practise tours all week and to be perfectly honest am bored rigid of them right now... but in a few hours it will all be over. Can't wait! I'm not quite as ecstatic as i imagined i would be to finish placement, but then i think that is probably more a symptom of the fact that i appear to be clinically incapable of being happy about anything at the moment. Or maybe the excitement is just masked by nerves... who knows. My assessor is Joey's training officer from Stafford, so hopefully he will be nice. I'm sure she would have mentioned it if he wasn't...

Feeling really down at the moment. Just want to crawl into bed and stay there for a few years. Not quite sure why, but i am sure that this is not a good road to be going down, especially at this point in the year.

I miss The Boy a lot.

No comments: