Thursday 13 September 2007

Nearly the weekend- woot!

Got a letter from accommodation today- i am being allowed to move into my proper room on Monday, so they can get this block ready for the freshers coming on Saturday. This makes me very happy! Not only is it going to be a whole lot swankier and cleaner and actually on campus, but it also means i can leave some bits and pieces behind, so theres less stuff to lug back on the train after my placement and subsequently bring back again when i come with Dad... Yay. It sounds as though everyone else living in the block is going to be moving in on the fresher's Saturday (i.e. the day after i go home after placement...) so its a bit annoying that Dad can't move me in until the Wednesday after that. I really could do with being there involving myself in all the social type activities and getting to know more people. I hope that by the time i get there, everyone else hasn't already got to know each other and gotten all clique-y... because that would just be unbearable... I can't bear another year like that. I'm determined not to be Miss Social Anxiety this year, i'm going to make more friends and have fun.

Another happy thing- Roo text me out of the blue on Monday night to tell me that she was on campus already! She has previously told me that she was moving in on the 8th but for some reason i thought she wasn't anymore.... but anyway, she did! And she's here! Woop! Went over to her new place for tea on Tuesday night. Its really nice, despite being in Horwood. Its been all done up for the Postgrads. She is living with loads of other PGCE students and they all seem to be getting on amazingly well already, which makes me slightly worried/ jealous? I don't know. Im just concerned about losing her. I'm her best friend Me! Not you! Argh. I'm such a freak. They all seemed really cool girls anyway, so hopefully i can integrate myself in there as well... Roo has gone back home again for a wedding this weekend, so unfortunately i can't plant myself there for the weekend, which is a bit of a shame.

Had beverages with Joey on Tuesday night as well. As much as she annoys me with her "the-world-revolves-around-me-ness", it was lovely to see her.

Went swimming at they gym last night, so have managed to fill my time with something every evening this week, which i'm highly impressed with. I was invited out tonight by someone who i vaguely know through M. But he was going to be there too, and since i don't really know her that well, i felt a bit uncomfortable about going. So i didn't... But i've had a fairly ok lazy time tonight. This week has gone quite quickly really. Debating with myself whether to go home this weekend, or whether to be brave and stay here. I should stay here and do work, and seeing The Boy again will be extra lovely if i haven't seen him for two weeks rather than one, plus i can't really afford to go... I should probably save the money for later in the term, when i genuinely can't see him for weeks at a time due to our various commitments and i need to see him more... but meh. I probably will end up going. I miss him. And you're only young once eh.

Everyone in the lab got a massive bollocking this morning after the head scientist, Mr STD obsessive, found a half eaten chocolate bar in a drawer... it was hilarious... I know it wasn't supposed to be, and i know he had a point, it being a virology lab and everything... but its so difficult to take him seriously. Plus i think the chances of catching HIV or hepatitis from a chocolate bar are pretty minimal... I'll be glad to get away from Mr STD obsessive when this placement is over. He really is the strangest person i have ever met. And quite obnoxious with it sometimes. Being there has actually been ok for the past couple of days, as i have been shadowing a woman called Gill, who is actually half decent, and makes conversation with me.

Nothing much else to report really.

No comments: