Friday 28 September 2007

The Keele Update

It would appear that i'm not very good at remembering to update this thing. Oh well.

I should be doing things that need doing, like ringing people to change addresses and such like. But i don't like ringing people i don't know. So it can wait.

I am back in Keele now for the new semester. I got back on Wednesday and have been futzing around doing not a lot since then really. My new room is even lovelier now that it has all my things in it, though it is much bigger than the room i had last year so doesn't quite feel full enough at the moment... The people living in the corridor seem pleasant enough. Phil, i already knew from Korfball. Andy and Heather, the couple, who seem really cool, but not overly desperate to interact, as they have each other. Which is understandable but a bit poo really. I am loathe to force myself on them as they haven't seen each other all summer and have probably been really looking forward to living together... and i would be a bit annoyed if someone kept trying to infringe on my time with The Boy... Plus i don't really know what to talk to them about! Mike, i have only seen a couple of times, seems really nice, but likes to keep himself to himself. And the last guy, i have no idea what he's called. I've only seen him once and he didn't even say hi to me (and apparently has been like that with everyone) So. Not exactly the life and soul of the party i gather. I'm sure i will be grateful for the quietness of the place in a few weeks when i'm snowed under with work. But now i'm a little disappointed. I was all geared up to be sociable and nice and make new friends. But noone else seems bothered. Sigh.

As such, i have spent most of my time since getting here with Katie and Ruth. Which is nice, i'm glad that they're here, but i do rather get the impression that they prefer each other to me... and three may become a crowd after a while... After unpacking on Wednesday i spent the rest of the day with them and then had an early night. I was invited out by Andy and Heather but i was too scared to go in the end, as they had other friends over who were rather loud and scary... I wish i had gone though, it might have helped with the making connections business. Plus they knocked on my door before they went, and the scary friends were actually really nice as well... But then i most probably would have just spent the whole night feeling like a spare part and gone home early. So i cut out the middle man and just went to bed. Yesterday i had a meeting with my personal tutor, which was mostly about my placement in the end, and then went to my first Clinical Pathology lecture, which turned out to be an "introductory" lecture. So 20 whole minutes of being blathered to about knowing how to do literature searches then... Went into Hanley afterwards with Katie and Roo to pick up my beautiful boots which i ordered a few days ago. I'm not even going to try and justify spending £75 on them. They are just beautiful and i needed to have them. I may well be homeless by Christmas, but at least my feet will look nice... I bought a jumper as well, which was tres naughty. For someone who is worried about affording her accommodation this year, i shop an awful lot. Then yesterday evening was the first Korfball training session of the year, which i actually really enjoyed. Probably because next to the Freshers i actually look half decent at it. I was considering quitting but i think i'm going to give it another couple of weeks. I still don't appreciate being forced into being Club Secretary, and not even being told what i'm supposed to do still! But we shall see.

Today i have been to the supermarket and spent an outrageous amount on food, which hopefully means i won't have to go shopping for a long time now. Tonight i am going to the Union with Katie, Roo and Ann. Hopefully Andy and Heather will come too, and then i can feel as though we are making an effort.

I'm not missing The Boy as painfully as i thought i would. I know it has only been two days, but i am quite capable of missing him if we so much as spend an evening apart... I suppose i have been pretty busy though, so not much time for missing really. I miss snuggling up to him in bed the most. Sigh. Tuesday night we were meant to be having a meal and wine, going to the cinema and having the obligatory rampant sex, in preperation for our fortnight apart. Instead he cooked, gave us food poisoning, and we spent the evening in bed groaning and trying not to move very much... Typical eh. Very funny in hindsight. And at least we got plenty of snuggling up done. Hehe.

Can't think of anything else right now.

No comments: