Wednesday 20 February 2008

Come Alive

I always imagined that if i got pregnant at an inconvenient time then i would quite easily be able to have an abortion. Just because i am selfish and ambitious and i have a defined plan of my life, and babies before the age of twenty five don't feature in it. I am not overly emotional and am very sensible about these things and thought (naively, i suppose) that something like an abortion would never phase me particularly.

Recently i started to think that i were to fall pregnant now, there would really be no excuse to have an abortion, since i am not ridiculously young, i am in a loving relationship and my degree is nearly over. It would be incovenient, and expensive. But not life destroying. And compared to the years of mental anguish and guilt presented by having an abortion, having a baby would be amazing.

My Biomed Case Study this week is about teenage pregnancy. Cue lots of unpleasant reading about abortion, and abortion techniques. Some of these things make my stomach turn and my heart ache.

I'm not going to go all crazy and Pro-Life on you all, but i can honestly say i would never be able to bring myself to abort a child of mine now.

1 comment:

dykewife said...

yeah, it's not something that i would do myself (though i'm past that now - yay!) but i can't make the decision for other people.